Thunderbird Podcast #1: Origin Stories
Welcome to the debut episode of the Thunderbird podcast, which we’re affectionately calling the ThunderCast! It’s an inside look at the making of Thunderbird, alongside community-driven conversations with our friends in the open-source world. We can’t wait for you to listen!
🎧 Download Episode 1 Directly
Where To Get The Podcast
- RSS feed
- Apple Podcasts
- Podcast Addict
- Amazon Music
- Google Podcasts
Highlights from Episode 1
- What to expect on future episodes of ThunderCast
- We’re hiring!
- Is Thunderbird still part of Mozilla?
- Alex starts a band, Ryan is building a keyboard, Jason’s island adventures
- 4 years of “invisible work” to prepare for Supernova
- Thunderbird on Android… and iOS
We include a full transcript of the episode inside the podcast metadata, which should be supported by your podcast app. If it’s not, here’s a direct link to the Episode 1 transcript.
The ThunderCast includes chapters for podcast players that support the feature. If yours does not, here are some timestamps to help you navigate the episode:
- (00:00) – ThunderCast: What To Expect
- (02:07) – Meet Ryan
- (08:55) – Meet Alex
- (12:24) – Loving Your Work
- (18:07) – Meet Jason
- (21:06) – Geeking Out
- (31:37) – Mozilla + Thunderbird: A history lesson
- (41:22) – Supernova: Setting The Stage
- (56:28) – “Email is not broken”
- (01:05:23) – K-9 Mail → Thunderbird Android
- (01:16:36) – Closing comments